Picture
This summer, Team SWAG 4060 hosted an incredibly successful week-long Summer STEM Academy. SWAG team members planned, prepared, and ran this camp from start to finish. They mentored students during the week, helping nearly a hundred students from across Southwest Washington learn about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. This year's theme was "Drone Zone!"

One of the coolest pieces of technology at STEM Academy was the Parrot Bebop Drone. Thanks to our team's generous sponsors, SWAG was able to purchase about 20 of these high-tech unmanned aerial vehicles. Team members taught camp attendees how to operate them. To challenge their skills, campers had to navigate their drones through an obstacle course.
By the end of the week, many students were experts!

Students also explored the fundamentals of robotics through constructing and programming LEGO Mindstorms robots. Mentors from Team SWAG helped students master the basics of programming and operation of these easy, but exciting, robots. Campers used the light detection technology in their LEGO Mindstorms bots to navigate an maze. By the end of STEM Academy, campers designed and programmed amazing robots that entered the ring in SumoBot competition!

The camp also featured many other aspects of STEM. Guest speaker Jeff Evans showed campers some amazing ways that science can be used through an entertaining and educational magic show! Every camper also spent a full day on the Centralia College campus exploring biology, chemistry, physics, and other exciting STEM fields. STEM Academy also had an amazing full day field trip hosted by Boeing's Future of Flight Foundation. Through numerous enriching activities, Team SWAG's STEM Academy helped campers experience science in amazing new ways.

Comments

10/08/2015 12:13pm

We all need is to challenge their skills, campers had to navigate their drones through an obstacle course. By the end of the week, many students were experts.

02/29/2016 7:10pm

As a communication student, social media is one broad topic for scholarly discussion. It attempts to study the degrees of familiarity with different people. It's a type of language on its own but it is has one aspect--technology that allows people limited access to express their true selves--contradicting those who say that can express better. Improving the lives of students through science and personal interaction leads on better dynamics in the work force in the future.

It really is amazing how people tend to engage in camps where they would most probably learn about something. I really get inspired from people who tend to organize or sponsor such events. It really is much more suitable to put up an event, where many children will benefit from it, and is going to be of great help for their future. This year's theme also really is very amazing, because I really believe that it is going to be of great benefit to them, knowing that our generation now is in the process of upgrading technologies or the so called "Technological age". I encourage more group of people to put up summer camps, to be able to help out many children that are in need of it.

01/07/2016 5:44am

Great work. Take a look at our essential reviews on essay writing from different sites to get reliable analysis of academic websites.

02/19/2016 4:53am

Hi. I discovered your web journal utilizing msn. This is an extremely elegantly composed article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to peruse a greater amount of your helpful data. A debt of gratitude is in order for the post. I will return.

All of us recognize of you've received learned this method in advance of when it needs essentially baffle u. s. simply by using you need to expertise you are going to present very best suited. Document sooo wish to recognize approximately advanced works. Ways just especially is generally a http://www.besttermpapers.com/research-paper-writing.html designed? I actually is conscious of roughly essays and then the sizes you must follow even today they can be a cutting edge practice.

I really like this creative work of a student. Keep it up.

04/18/2016 11:27am

Oh, what a great post. I hope each of your article gonna be like this one.

05/07/2016 2:25am

This drone is awesome. Your sponsors are very generous.

I had a summer class last year. I enrolled my major subjects. It was a stunning experience. I met my new classmates. The professors were great teaching. I adore their way of teaching. My classmates were planning to go out of town. They want to go out for a picnic. There is a swimming pool everywhere. It was a great event.

06/06/2016 1:30am

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the eBook in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some p.c. to drive the message house a little bit, but instead of that, that is great blog. A great read. I'll certainly be back.

06/24/2016 6:51am

What is your main aim in education?

06/30/2016 6:24am

I enjoy to remain to upgrade the most recent news and short articles to ensure that we do not fill when you saw this blog site.

07/02/2016 3:51am

Very efficiently written information. It will be valuable to everyone who uses it, including myself. Thanks a lot

10/18/2016 12:21am

This is so attractive and impressive. I visited this academy and I must say this academy is the best house of learning about the new things and the good source of learning about unique things for the kids.

11/28/2016 11:26pm

Everyone having nice discussion on this article, well according to my view before start any business we must be educated for that.

12/16/2016 11:26pm

02/08/2017 9:23pm

02/09/2017 7:36am

According to above picture, it's seems like you are working very hard on your project, and i really like your effort, and hope in the future you'll invent many interesting technologies.

02/10/2017 2:00am

GenFx, you will Alpha Monster Advanced definitely start shedding those pounds right off! Or maybe you have noticed that you have been a bit sluggish and have not been able to get out of the slump in your energy; take GenFx and see exactly what happens next! http://rockhardfacts.com/alpha-monster-advanced/

02/10/2017 7:07am

I think mimicking popular posts on other blogs is one of the best ways to get a good idea which will be popular.Such a lovely blog you have shared here with us. Really nice.

02/13/2017 2:25am

Enhanced levels of testosterone hormones improve your semen volume and sperm count. It also improves sensation in reproductive organs and boosts your libido. It improves your vitality, vigor and strength. http://guidemesupplements.com/alpha-x-boost-scam/

03/30/2017 12:56pm

We as a whole need is to challenge their aptitudes, campers needed to explore their automatons through an impediment course. Before the week's over, numerous understudies were specialists.

05/01/2017 8:29pm

05/01/2017 8:34pm

nice

05/01/2017 8:39pm

great info

05/01/2017 8:44pm

its a great blog

05/01/2017 8:52pm

thanks its a great blog

05/01/2017 8:57pm

good job

05/01/2017 9:02pm

thanks its a best blog

05/29/2017 3:19am

Having talking parrots as pets goes way back to at least the time of Ancient Greeks. By the time of the Roman Empire it was even more common and courses were given to teach people how to get their birds to mimic human speech.