There are only two times of year: robotics competition season and preparing for robotics competition season! As Kickoff approaches (only 66 days away!), Team SWAG is busy preparing for success.

On October 18, sixteen team members forwent the homecoming dance. Instead, they attended Girls' Generation at Tahoma Junior High School. This exciting FRC event is all about empowering women in STEM fields. All 24 teams at the competition had all-female drive teams. SWAG's girls were front and center, responsible for driving, scouting, and strategizing. To prepare for this competition, the hardware team worked on improving the robot's speed and maneuverability. By the time of Girls' Generation, the girls had mastered the controls. The robot performed well, and the team had a great time at the competition!

The next weekend, on October 25, the STEM/Robotics Booster Club hosted a fundraising event. The team served a pancake breakfast to customers who came to support Team SWAG. The Booster Club had been preparing this event for weeks and was thrilled to raise over $1000! This money is going to go towards purchasing a new trailer for the team. This trailer will be used to transport the robot, pit supplies, and important spare parts. It will be a great asset for Team SWAG! More money is needed, however, so the team will continue its fundraising efforts.

An exciting new development is that Team SWAG has been given the honor of hosting two FTC competitions! These events will take place on November 22 and December 13. They will be held at either W.F. West High School or Chehalis Middle School. Team SWAG is thrilled to host these competitions. SWAG hopes that the FTC team members who attend these competitions will have a great experience and be inspired to further pursue their interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics fields.

Between these exciting events, work on designing a new, highly functional pit for use at competitions has been underway and the hardware team has made lots of progress on creating a tee-shirt cannon. Tomorrow, elections for team leadership positions will be held. Team SWAG is ready for another amazing FRC season!

Comments

07/15/2015 8:30am

I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. I think you spend numerous effort and time updating your site. I have bookmarked it and I am taking a look ahead to reading new articles.

07/16/2015 7:08am

Education and learning is just not originated from ebooks in reality that already occur from the individual’s brain along with analyze only emerge about the surface layer regarding person. External layer indicate style.

11/06/2015 8:08am

Its a final countdown! You remind me of this beautiful song!

01/23/2016 6:37am

Bonjour et merci pour votre contribution,, puis-je vous soumettre une question : me permettez-vous de faire un lien par mail vers cet article ? Merci pour tout.

02/10/2016 1:21pm

Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more

02/12/2016 9:26pm

I'm very pleased to find this great site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this particularly wonderful read!! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you saved to fav to see new information in your site.

03/30/2016 3:31am

It is a final countdown and we will be champions!

Nice photos. Your team is so great!

05/26/2016 9:42pm

Be proactive. An active person develops to recognize social skills because he or she allows external events or others to influence how they feel.

07/07/2016 10:43pm

Your team has a very interesting hobby! I think you should encourage more people into joining your industry of robotics because it is a good avenue for the youngsters to keep their brains busy. I have always reserved the field of engineering a place in my heart, particularly mechanical engineering. It's really exciting to see your final invention, which you have sacrificed so much for, working and doing the things you intended to do. Plus, robots are fun inventions, so I think many would fancy doing what you do!

09/19/2016 5:02am

We must win this championship to prove that we are the best!

11/17/2016 10:26pm

We are exceptionally inspiring your group working in light of the fact that any one no make this innovation. You are truly dedicated on this venture I am supplication your group for finish this venture and a debt of gratitude is in order for offering to us your undertakings also.

12/14/2016 11:12am

Let the Countdown Begin Party Games am about to be too funny for words enough to merit the acknowledgment of your guests interruption you are assume that vital moment, whether it's New Years Eve or a Book party. Yes, it's a work of a past master game, anyhow it will gat what is coming to one your guests mistaken of your hair mean you make indisputable preparations for the notable event and everyone forever has a great presage looking for the secret commemorate at the let the countdown am a native of party games.If you would like to know about Mech Design visit us at militaryvehiclemodels.com.

05/12/2017 3:54am

thanks

05/22/2017 3:13pm

I can't get the main idea, but it's really helpful for additional information.

09/15/2017 8:44am

This post is very interesting. I hope this website is getting better.